Is stress and anxiety getting you down?
Mindfulness was created to deal with stress, anxiety and other ills! This 6-week course is an introduction to Mindfulness. It is a way to get started with your practice, especially if you can’t to commit to the more time-intensive 8-week course right now, but need a helping hand.
What benefits can you expect?
Build stress resilience and a deeper sense of well-being, while decreasing distress related to pain, anxiety, and depression
You can transform your commute, your interactions at work, parenting skills, and your relationship with food
Improve your physical health, concentration and decision-making
What can you expect to learn?
- Guided instruction, meditation practice, group discussion, and walking meditation.
- Presentation of evidence-based research on the mental and physical health benefits of mindfulness practice.
- How to use mindfulness to deal with challenging emotions, thoughts, anxiety and depression
- Managing physical pain, including pain that doesn’t go away
- The art of mindful eating
- At home guided meditations, and home practices.
Mindfulness takes practice and is most skillfully developed through in-depth support and instruction and group interaction. We encourage you to advance your practice after this series by participating in the 8-week MBSR course.