Features of our Classes
- Forrest Yoga is a powerful and life changing practice created by Ana Forrest.
- We learn how to relieve tension by relaxing our neck in most poses to soften upper back and shoulder tightness.
- We emphasize connecting to earth with active feet to help strengthen and support knee health.
- Classes are either un-cooled or heated to 80-degrees to help warm the muscles for a safe stretch.
- Each class is fresh and different. We might choose to design a sequence for backbends, twists, inversion, etc., or work towards a specific pose such as Crow or Lotus, or some other theme that inspires.
- We spend more time is our poses (5-8 breaths) to allow enough time for safe alignment and for fully experiencing the pose.
- Most classes are All Levels. We always offer modifications for newer students or those working with injuries, as well as up-levels for more experienced students.
- We offer hands-on assists (optional) in poses that will help you open and go deeper into the heart of the pose.
- Class Packages may be purchased online or at the studio. Check for special offers, or contact us if you need help choosing the best deal for your needs.
- Please reserve your space for all classes by email or text message (members will be given a number for the texting option).
- Arrive at least 5 minutes early to sign in, gather your props, and settle in (and chat with your new yogi friends!).
- Wear comfortable clothing that stretch, such as leggings or sweats, and t-shirts or tank tops. Leave shoes in the lobby.
- Bring your own mat (we do have a few loaner mats if you don’t have one yet), and a water bottle.
- Avoid eating 3-4 hours before a class. Pregnant students may have a small fruit or snack.
- Please avoid using scented toiletries as these odors will be intensified by the heat of the practice. Some students are very sensitive to chemicals.
- Tell the instructor about any ongoing injuries, pregnancy, or medical conditions before class.
- There are no refunds (no exceptions) unless we cancel the class or workshop.
- Be sure to sign up for our newsletter so we can let you know about class changes and other happenings (we will never spam you!).
New to Yoga? Here are a few ways to help you get started:
- If you are totally new to yoga, or if you prefer a gentle class, our Basic Flow class is for you.
- We offer a 6-week Intro to Yoga series 4-5 times a year. Sign up for our newsletter to receive updates, or ask to have your name put on the list for the series.
- Private lessons are another way to help you get started.
- A semi-private lesson is another option if you have a friend or two who would like to learn with you. Contact us to learn more.