The 8-week Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction Course
This eight-week, 9 session MBSR course is designed to teach participants how to apply mindfulness in their everyday lives and to the range of challenges arising from medical and psychological conditions and life stresses.
MBSR includes intensive training in meditation, mindful movement based on yoga, educational components of stress physiology, constructive responding to stressful situations, and bringing awareness to many areas of life, including communication, relationships, and making healthy choices.
Who should attend?
MBSR has been found to be helpful for people working with a wide variety of conditions, including:
~ Chronic pain, cancer, heart disease, anxiety, depression, sleep disorders
~ Stress related to relationships, career, school, finances
~ Healthcare providers, educators, first responder, corporate
Time Commitment & Cost
- Free Orientation & individual meeting with instructor (1-1.5 hours)
- Eight weekly classes of 2.5 hours
- One all-day Mindfulness Retreat on a Saturday
- Homework: 45-60 minutes a day for guided relaxation, yoga, and meditation practice, as well as reading and written reflection exercises.
- Cost is $525 and includes over 27 contact hours of instruction, the all-day retreat, downloadable MP3 guided meditations, body scan and yoga, and weekly emailed assignments and support. Also included is a copy of Jon Kabat-Zinn’s book, Full Catastrophe Living.
♥♥♥ $70 DISCOUNT limited to first 8 registrants only! ♥♥♥
- Orientation Introduction Lectures – two dates: June 18 or July 9 at 7:00-8:15 pm
- The eight-week course starts on July 16 through September 10 (we will skip Labor day), at 6-8:30pm
- The all-day mindfulness retreat is on Saturday, August 25
Join one of our Mindfulness Stress-Reduction programs now and rediscover the healing wisdom within you.
For more information
For questions about the content of the program or whether it may be appropriate for you at this time, you are invited to attend one of the free orientation sessions; or contact Charmaine here.
Our next MBSR course starts in the fall! Subscribe to keep in touch.