This 8-week Mindfulness course teaches you how to apply mindfulness in everyday life as well as to challenges arising from medical and psychological conditions.
Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction (MBSR) includes intensive training in meditation and mindful movement based on yoga. MBSR also covers educational components of stress physiology, and constructive responding to stressful situations. In addition, you learn to bring awareness to many areas of life, including communication, relationships, as well as making healthy choices.
Who should attend?
Research shows that MBSR is helpful for people dealing with a wide variety of conditions, that includes:
~ Chronic pain, cancer, heart disease, anxiety, depression, and sleep disorders
~ Stress related to relationships, career, school, and finances
~ Healthcare providers, educators, first responders, and corporate
Quick steps to get Started on this Mindfulness course!
- Reserve your spot at one to the Introduction/orientation workshops
- Register for the 8-week MBSR course
- Block out all the dates on your calendar!
- One free Orientation & individual meeting with the instructor (1 hour)
- Eight weekly classes of 2.5 hours
- An all-day Mindfulness Retreat on a Saturday
- Homework: 30-45 minutes a day for guided relaxation, yoga, or meditation practice, as well as reading and written reflection exercises.
Cost, including retreat, workbook, recordings of the meditations, body scan, and yoga, plus email support throughout the course, is $425. ♥Early Registration 60-days before the course start date is $375.♥
Tuition Assistance is available for those in need. It’s based on both financial need as well as limited availability. Please email your inquiry to Charmaine.
Our classes are totally supportive of each participant. Charmaine van Niekerk will conduct this highly participatory and practical MBSR course. Charmaine is the founder of Life’s a Gift, Mindfulness Meditation Teacher, Ayurveda Health Practitioner/Educator, and Certified Yoga Teacher.
Upcoming Mindfulness Events
- Orientation & Introduction Workshops: Saturday, April 27. These workshops are held regularly, subscribe to be notified.
- 8-week MBSR course: tentative start date September 30.
- Full-day mindfulness retreat: Saturday, July 13 and November 11.
- Half-day Beginning Mindfulness Workshop Intensive: Saturday, May 18
- 6-week Mindfulness Basics Course: starting June 2
- 5-week Everyday Mindfulness Practice: starting May 29
Subscribe to be notified when new classes are added.
For more information
Do you have any questions about the content of the program, or whether it is appropriate for you at this time? We invite you to attend one of the free introduction sessions. You are also welcome to get in touch with Charmaine to learn more about our classes.
Join one of our Mindfulness Stress-Reduction programs now and rediscover the healing wisdom within you.
Additional Mindfulness courses are added regularly, including a 6-week 90-minute class, a 5-week one-hour class and a Beginner Mindfulness Basics workshop. Find more here