This 8-week Mindfulness course teaches you how to apply mindfulness in everyday life as well as to challenges arising from medical and psychological conditions.
Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction (MBSR) includes intensive training in meditation and mindful movement based on yoga. MBSR also covers educational components of stress physiology, and constructive responding to stressful situations. In addition, you learn to bring awareness to many areas of life, including communication, relationships, as well as making healthy choices.
Who should attend?
Research shows that MBSR is helpful for people dealing with a wide variety of conditions, that includes:
~ Chronic pain, cancer, heart disease, anxiety, depression, and sleep disorders
~ Stress related to relationships, career, school, and finances
~ Healthcare providers, educators, first responder, and corporate
Quick steps to get Started on this Mindfulness course!
- Reserve your spot at one to the Introduction/orientation workshops
- Register for the 8-week MBSR course
- Block out all the dates on your calendar!
- One free Orientation & individual meeting with the instructor (1 hour)
- Eight weekly classes of 2.5 hours
- An all-day Mindfulness Retreat on a Saturday
- Homework: 30-45 minutes a day for guided relaxation, yoga, or meditation practice, as well as reading and written reflection exercises.
Cost is $525* (♥SEE OFFER♥) and includes over 28 contact hours of instruction, the full-day retreat, and emailed assignments and support throughout the course. You also get a copy of Jon Kabat-Zinn’s book, Full Catastrophe Living, and downloadable guided meditations, body scan, and yoga.
♥SPECIAL OFFER: the first 7 participants to register pay only $425♥
Tuition Assistance is available for those in need. It’s based on both financial need as well as limited availability. Please email your inquiry to Charmaine van Niekerk.
- Orientation & Introduction Workshops Saturday, February 23. These workshops are held monthly.
- The eight-week MBSR course : March 2019
- Full-day mindfulness retreat: Saturday, April 6, May 18.
Our classes are totally supportive of each participant. Charmaine van Niekerk will conduct this highly participatory and practical MBSR course. Charmaine is the founder of Life’s a Gift, Mindfulness Meditation Teacher, Ayurveda Health Practitioner/Educator, and Certified Yoga Teacher.
For more information
Do you have any questions about the content of the program, or whether it is appropriate for you at this time? We invite you to attend one of the free introduction sessions. You are also welcome to get in touch with Charmaine to learn more about our classes.
Join one of our Mindfulness Stress-Reduction programs now and rediscover the healing wisdom within you.
Additional Mindfulness courses are added regularly, including a 6-week 90-minute class, and a Mindfulness Basics workshop. Find more here