Train to run effortlessly!
The more mileage you run, the more effortless it begins to feel. To remain injury-free, your running coach helps you to build your base intelligently.
Hi! I’m Coach Charmaine,
Running is my passion. I’ve enjoyed running for more than 35 years, because it’s how I best start my day. Going long has been my forte right from the outset. I ran my first ultra-marathon within a year of starting my running adventure and have run marathons and ultra-distance events competitively since 1989. I am devoted to sharing my distance running and coaching experience to help you reach your endurance goals, from a first 5k to a first 100 miler.
It takes an abundance of “good” training miles to get to race day. A rough calculation suggests I did about 60,000 miles over 30+ years of running! Check out my running background and PR’s here. After taking several years off from racing (but not from running), I’m excited about coming back in 2021!
Does a runner ever stop coming back?Jim Ryan 1986
Are you ready to see if we’re a good fit to help you with your coaching needs?
OUR TRAINING PHILOSOPHY
Our running coach uses the basic tenets of Lydiard’s periodized training system’s, a system that builds stamina, strength, and speed towards peaking at the racing phase. Periodization ensures you hit your performance peaks at the right time. The training cycle starts with a long aerobic running phase to build endurance. Running at various paces to build stamina and lay the base for a solid race-day performance, run by overall time, not mileage. Training pace is aligned to your current fitness level and adjusted based on how you respond to training stimulus to optimize your fitness improvement.
To run to your full potential, you need to run a lot, while avoiding injury.
We sequence the plan to peak at a given race. And then, hold that peak for the duration of a racing period before the condition subsides. This method has consistently prepared runners to arrive at the starting line well prepared and ready to compete to their best, at Olympic competition level and runners targeting their first 5k.
Training Building Blocks
A macrocycle denotes an entire year or season of training and competition and consists of eight to twelve mesocycles consisting of four- to six-week blocks. These usually include a three-to-five-week period of progressive loading, followed by a week of lighter, active-recovery workouts. Each mesocycle typically focuses on a specific fitness goal, like endurance, strength, speed.
- Aerobic development is of prime importance to athletic performance and the foundation of all event-specific training.
- Training programs should be adjusted by how your body responds to the training.
- Feeling-Based training, earning to accurately interpret the language of your physiology.
- Training builds sequentially from the general conditioning low intensity and high volume phase to the high intensity and low volume of specific event skills.
- In competition, timing is everything. The ability to peak at the right time depends on directing the various rhythms of adaptions towards your goal.
Private online Running Coach
Do you want to improve a PR, podium your next race, or complete an ultra-marathon? Perhaps qualify for Boston or bypass the lottery to get guaranteed entry into races like New York or Berlin with a qualifying “fast runner” time? Charmaine specializes in helping committed runners achieve the results they want with personalized, expert coaching.
- Choose a single customized training plan or ongoing month-to-month private coaching.
- You can sign up for an individualized training plan for a single event,
- OR, opt for a periodized training schedule created specifically for your racing goals for the season. With the right program and your commitment to the training you can succeed in achieving your objectives!
Here’s what you get:
- Customized training blocks adjusted to your needs and focused on the results you want.
- Comprehensive feedback from an experienced, certified running coach
- Individualized schedule adjustments
- Active warm-up training and Form drills
- Supplemental strength and flexibility exercises
- Mental focus techniques, maintaining discipline and motivation, pep talks.
- Information on fueling for performance.
- Mentoring – ask all your training and racing questions.
|We offer month-to-month online training with unlimited communication (through email, text, or online platform) and unlimited changes to your training plan. We design all training plans specifically for you based on your goals, fitness levels, and how you progress throughout the plan.|
Are you ready to see if we’re a good fit to help you with your run coaching needs?
The rewards of running, as in life, come only in direct proportion to the amount of effort I’m prepared to exert and the extent to which I can summon the required discipline and application.Tim Noakes