Do you want to boost your speed, run a faster 5k, and improve your overall fitness? Tuesday 5K is an inclusive community of runners committed to running or walking a 5k Time Trial every week. All paces welcome! Our goal is to inspire, motivate, and challenge each other. You can participate virtually wherever you are in the world, or run “live” if you’re in Sugar land (Covid-19 guidelines apply). You are ready!
Local runners can use the Map below – start at the Pawm Springs Dog Park (facing University Blvd), run clockwise around the lower loop, continue straight towards the upper loop running clockwise around the lake, and continue back to the dog back, this time running anti-clockwise back to the start. Ask if these directions are unclear!
Join the Tuesday 5K club on STRAVA
Sign the waiver and join the Tuesday 5K club on Strava. Introduce yourself and tell us your goals for participating. Run your best 5K, post to Strava, rename your run “Tuesday 5K“, and make it public to see where you are on the leaderboard.
Weekly 5K Time Trial Challenge
Here’s how to join the 5K Time Trial:
- Register for FREE on RunSignup.
- If you’re on Strava, join the Tuesday 5K Club to see where you are on the leader board (optional).
- Run a 5K (3.1 miles) on any course – local run on 2/7 @ 9am (instructions and map above).
- Get your friends involved! Sharing is caring – send them back to step one.
- Make your virtual participation more real by sharing your efforts and tracking your progress. Login to your RunSignup account, click on your Profile, find your race, click submit virtual results.
On the FIRST TUESDAY of the month, starting in April, all LOCAL runners who complete the 5K time trial TWO or more times anytime within the previous calendar month will be entered into a lucky draw to receive a price.
SPONSOR’S, contact me if you’d like to offer a monthly prize!
Tuesday 5k is hosted by Coach Charmaine van Niekerk, a long-time distance runner and RRCA certified coach.
Charmaine is committed to sharing her 35+ years of distance running experience and insights to help you achieve your fitness goals. If you need a coach, email a short description of your background and goals and we’ll get you started in no time! Thank you for your interest.