This 8-week Mindfulness-based stress reduction course (MBSR) teaches you how to apply mindfulness in everyday life, as well as to challenges arising from medical and psychological conditions and life stresses.
You will learn how to become more resilient to stressful events and bring more ease and balance into your life. Learn how to cope with chronic pain and discover how your perceptions can cause unnecessary suffering and how to change that. Feel more connected to yourself and others and discover renewed get-up-and-go and the joy of living.
The MBSR curriculum includes:
- Comprehensive training in different mindfulness meditations, learning how to bring mindful awareness to all areas of life, including communication, relationships, and making healthy choices.
- Understanding the body’s response to stress and how the practice of mindfulness can help us to respond more constructively in stressful situations.
- Bringing awareness to our habitual mental, emotional, and behavioral patterns we can choose to change what does not serve us well and discover new ways to better care for ourselves,
- Group discussion about how others are doing in the program and how we might work with any challenges of practicing and taking care of ourselves.
Who should attend?
Research shows that MBSR is helpful for people dealing with a wide variety of conditions, that includes:
~ Chronic pain, cancer, heart disease, anxiety, depression, and sleep disorders
~ Stress related to relationships, career, school, and finances
~ Healthcare providers, educators, first responders’ and corporate
Quick steps to get Started on this Mindfulness course!
- Reserve your spot at one to the free orientation sessions (60-minutes live-online)
- Register for the 8-week MBSR course
- Block out all the dates on your calendar!
Time Commitment – what to expect
- Eight weekly live-online interactive sessions of 2.5 hours with Charmaine via Zoom
- An all-day at-home mindfulness retreat (Day of Mindfulness)
- Weekly emailed assignments that include suggested reading, written reflection exercises, and guided meditation practice – 30 to 45 minutes per day.
- Downloadable MP3s of different meditations, mindful yoga/stretching, and the body scan.
September 8th, 2020 Tuesday evenings 6-8:30 p.m. CDT (Central Time)
Please note: Attendance at one of our online orientation sessions is required to participate in the 8-week MBSR course. These orientation sessions are free and open to everyone. Here is the Zoom link to join the orientation. You don’t need a Zoom account to join the orientation nor do you need to install the app. Simply click on the link a few minutes before the meeting is scheduled.
- August 31st from noon-1 p.m. CDT (Monday)
- September 1st from 5-6 p.m. CDT (Tuesday)
Registration closes September 2nd!
Charmaine is now offering the live-online 8-week MBSR course on a pay-what-you-can basis by offering a sliding scale so that more people can attend. There are three tiers, $300, $450 or $550. If you need more financial assistance, feel free to send her an email.
Cost includes the retreat, workbook, recordings and email support throughout the course.
Our classes are totally supportive of each participant. Charmaine van Niekerk will conduct this highly participatory and practical MBSR course. Charmaine is the founder of Life’s a Gift, Mindfulness Meditation Teacher, Ayurveda Health Practitioner/Educator, and Certified Yoga Teacher.
Charmaine received her MBSR training at the Center for Mindfulness, UC San Diego.
JKZ what is mindfulness https://youtu.be/gWaK2mI_rZw
Upcoming Mindfulness Events
- Orientation & Introduction Workshops
- 8-week MBSR course (this course)
- Full-day mindfulness retreat
- Half-day Beginning Mindfulness Workshop Intensive
- 6-week Mindfulness Basics Course
- 5-week Everyday Mindfulness Practice
Subscribe to be notified when new classes are added. These classes are currently all online!
For more information
Do you have any questions about the content of the program, or whether it is appropriate for you at this time? We invite you to attend one of the free introduction sessions. You are also welcome to get in touch with Charmaine to learn more about our classes.
Join one of our Mindfulness Stress-Reduction programs now and rediscover the healing wisdom within you.